In celebration of 150 years from Elgar’s birth in 1857, SOMM Recordings are pleased to announce the release of the recording in their “New Horizons” series of the piano transcription by Sigfrid Karg-Elert of Elgar’s First Symphony coupled with the first recording of Alan Bush’s youthful Sonata Op.2 with pianist Mark Bebbington. Mark’s playing is full of memorable lyricism(especially of Bush).
Mark Bebbington is fast gaining a reputation as one of today’s most strikingly individual young British pianists. His recent discs of British music for SOMM’s “New Horizons” series have met with unanimous critical acclaim.
On This Recording
- Symphony No. 1: I. Andante - Noblimente e semplice
- Symphony No. 1: II. Allegro molto
- Symphony No. 1: III. Adagio
- Symphony No. 1: IV. Lento - Allegro
- Piano Sonata: Piano Sonata in B Minor, Op. 2